I am a Registered Member MBACP (Accred) counsellor (514728), supervisor and trainer.
I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision (Level 7).
- Telephone counselling for your face to face practice – for those counsellors who can’t easily access face to face supervision
- Specialist telephone counselling supervision for telephone counsellors
- Work related supervision to those in the helping professions
- Face to face counselling supervision at your workplace – please contact me to find out more
Specialist telephone counselling supervision
Supervision will take the new BACP telephone counselling competences into account.
What I can offer you
- As a BACP Accredited therapist who has worked primarily over the phone for the past eight years, I am able to draw from my own UK and worldwide telephone counselling practice experience
- Training individuals and organisations how to work on ethically via this medium, I have an in depth knowledge of relevant research, differences, challenges, practitioner competence and best practice, including the BACP telephone competences.
- I can offer individual therapist in private practice clinical supervision which takes the practicalities and realities of a telephone based short and long term therapy practice into account
- I can offer organisations both individual and group clinical supervision sessions, which includes an awareness of the interface between organisational policy and professional boundaries of individual counsellors
- I can work with you wherever you are based – one of the many advantages to working over the telephone
As your supervisor I will aim to provide you with a working alliance that is safe and challenging enough for you to risk developing as a counsellor. This will include:
- A robust, supportive and confidential environment in which you feel free to discuss moral and ethical dilemmas and ensure you are working within professional guidelines
- Safety to express doubts, fears and explore blind spots in your work with clients
- Space to talk openly about any professional or personal issues that impact on your practice
- Time for reflection, to identify any development needs to ensure that you are able to work competently and confidently and always in the best interests of your clients and yourself
- Restorative time - to release, off load and re-energise
- Encouragement for your work – a collaborator who will root for you
- Growth and development of your counselling practice – whether that be further training, a niche practice, writing a book, who knows!
I offer clinical supervision to counsellors and work related supervision to those in the helping professions. I have over sixteen years of counselling experience working in private practice and a range of organisational settings including drug and alcohol addiction service, probation service and hospices. My core training is Person-Centred but I work in an Integrative way, drawing on a number of psychological theories to support those with whom I work. My work is underpinned by the BACP’s Ethical Framework and this includes receiving regular supervision.
As an experienced trainer with a background of working with staff since 1994, I am able to offer supervision which includes a wide range of matters related to those working in organisations such as effective communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, managing challenging behaviour, assertiveness coaching and the like.